In other news, a little while ago I did some work on the note copier, but I have forgotten to mention it. It is now available as the booru-note-copy package on PyPI and has a revamped readme, so it has never been easier to start copying translation notes from Danbooru to Gelbooru and vice-versa. I have taken a liking to Dependabot to help me keep my dependencies up-to-date and I am now using it both for the note copier and the color bruteforcer.
Since I am already talking about my hentai-related software projects, I have been doing a lot of planning (but hardly any coding) for the IPFS-backed E-Hentai mirror I started feverishly working on back in August. The biggest hurdles have been trying to figure out the balance between censorship resistance and ease of use. You ideally want it to be easily accessible to everybody in the browser, like the original site itself, but clearnet content is ultimately blockable. Some projects like Bisq and OpenBazaar have found success as desktop programs, but most people don’t want to install a new application just to fap to their H-manga and I am awful at frontend development. Putting things on the darknet works, but that is a huge hurdle to clear for normalfags and browsing speeds on Tor suck. Resolution speeds on IPNS are skin-peelingly bad, when it even works. Lokinet feels like it performs better than Tor (though I have seen no formal analysis) and has a lot of other interesting technical features, but that’s even more obscure than Tor, making the hurdle just that much higher. Suffice it to say, there is a lot to consider before I start hoarding 50 terabytes of data and putting it on IPFS.